In and around Mellau there are numerous chapels that testify to the deep faith of our ancestors and invite you to pray or to stay. In addition to the chapels in the strict local area that are within walking distance, each has its own mountain pasture, for example: Dös, Dosegg, Hochvorsäß, Enge, Wirmboden and Kau.
On the "Kappalebühel" a conspicuous place, the chapel is available in Hochvorsäß. The age can not determine source terms closer, but on the basis of inscriptions it is likely to date from the 18th century.
The equipment includes a painting of St. Wendelin since time immemorial, that could have come from the parish church, which was burnt down in 1870. Father Bertram Groll OP restored the image in 1987. A year later the community from the Hochvorsäß took the successful renewal of the image as an opportunity to renovate the entire chapel and give it its present appearance.
The chapel on Schönboden originated in the time of the plague in 1635 in honor of the Pestpatrone Sebastian and Rochus. It has already been frequently renovated, most recently in 2004. Greußing Martin, born in 1592, abbot of the monastery Schlägel in Upper Austria, was born on Schönboden. To him, a plaque with an inscription on the right side wall in the chapel.
On the occasion of an epizootic disease in 1672 promised the peasants, in honor of the cattle patrons St. Martin and St. Wendelin to build a chapel. This was in 1902 replaced by the present chapel, which was again restored by the inhabitants of the plot Oberfeld in 2000. The altar bears an oil painting on St. Martin is represented as a bishop. On the bell of the chapel is the benediction "St. Martin wake up, late and early, is the patron saint for man and beast!" written.
The chapel in Wirmboden let Rainer Rogelböck in 1980 in honor of St. Anthony the Hermit and St. Edify Anthony of Padua. The cast bronze bell is to spread peace, as we read it: "Bell rang peace to the people under the Kanisfluh."
The spacious chapel was built in 1947 by architect Kaspar Albrecht in place of an older chapel, and indeed to you for sparing our homeland from the ravages of war and for the safe return of local soldiers. In 2007, she was restored.
Since time immemorial pilgrims come to the "Sorrowful Mother" in the Bengath, 1950, the then parish priest Jakob Egger foot of the Blessing of the sick on Whit Monday, which was now laid conveniently in the parish church Mellau. During the summer months a church service is celebrated in the Bengathkapelle weekly.